Pao de Queijo
Pao de Queijo is Brazilian cheese balls. They are typically served as a snack in parties or social events, or side dish in churrascaria (barbecue restaurants).
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups manioc flour, tapioca flour makes a good substitute
- 6 ounces of hard cheese (Chedar, Parmesan)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the milk, water and oil into a pan, and boil until a white foam appears.
- Add to this hot mixture the flour and mix well to form a firm ball.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix in the eggs the cheese (plus the salt and pepper) to the dough. The dough will become sticky and wet.
- Grease your hand and form smalls balls 1-2 inch in diameter.
- Place the balls on the baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
- Makes about 10 paes.
Portuguese Recipe Videos
© 2007-2021 All rights reserved